Office of Human Resources
Open Enrollment is coming - Choose Confidently!
November 2nd - November 15th
As we prepare for the 2016 Open Enrollment, I'd like to share some of the successes from the 2015 Health Care Plan changes. As President Seligman advised last year, in his announcement of the 2015 Health Care Plan changes, the University identified a need to implement changes aimed at:
- Controlling rising costs for employees and the University
- Simplifying employees' health plan options while continuing to offer choices of plans and providers; and
- Maintaining access to high-quality providers, as well as health and wellness offerings
We continue our focus on the aims outlined in the President's message. For 2016:
- The Health Care Plans will include a nominal premium increase, well below the local and national trends.
- We will continue to offer two Health Care Plans with essentially the same plan design for 2016, including a onetime HSA seed for those that elect the YOURHSA Eligible plan.
- As part of our commitment to employees, we are continuing our partnership with Accountable Health Partners (AHP) to provide quality health care to our employees at a higher benefit level.
- In keeping with the focus on employee wellness and financial wellbeing, we encourage employees
to take advantage of the award winning programs offered by the Benefits Office.
- We also encourage employees to explore additional opportunities to save on health care expenses; view the 6 Steps to Savings presentation on the Benefits website for details.
In the coming weeks we will have 2016 open enrollment materials posted on the Benefits website that will help you choose confidently
To your health!
Associate Vice President, Human Resources
For more benefits information check out Latest Benefits News.