Office of Human Resources
Supervisor's Guide to Hiring Process
- Advertising budgets are maintained at the department level. Departments may choose whether or not to advertise as well as where to advertise.
- When considering local advertisement options please note that the University of Rochester has a contract with the Democrat & Chronicle that offers discounted rates.
- Contacts at other regional and national advertising publications are listed below.
- Please note that positions should be advertised after they are approved and posted on the University jobs website. To communicate our commitment to diversity all advertisements should include the statement, "EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled". Additionally, a copy of the advertisement should be kept for three years in the department to comply with legal requirements.
- For further assistance with advertising questions contact your HR Business Partner.
Democrat and Chronicle
Contact - Nadene Gambitta
When paying the D&C bill be sure to include the following:
- PO# UK1400326-17 Valid: 5/2/17 through 5/1/18
- Department account number to be charged (example: OPXXXXXX SCXXXXX)
- Signature, authorizing payment
- Department contact printed clearly
- Department contact phone number