Office of Human Resources
Well-U Champions represent a wide spectrum of University of Rochester employees and serve as liaisons between Well-U and University departments. Well-U Champions are primarily responsible for promoting wellness programs to their coworkers, and also play an important role in communicating employee needs and feedback to the Well-U team. Please check with your supervisor before becoming a Champion.
The primary role of Well-U Champions is to enthusiastically promote wellness programs within their department and to encourage participation.
Anticipated Time Commitment
One to two hours per month for at least a one-year period.
- Distribute promotional materials on upcoming wellness programs and events
- Announce wellness programs during staff meetings
- Create a "Health & Wellness Space" or small separate bulletin board with information about wellness and upcoming programs
- Encourage co-workers to get involved with wellness events
- Bring feedback and requests from coworkers to Well-U staff
- Attend quarterly Well-U Champion events
- Optional: Using Well-U tools and resources, promote and lead walking groups
Become a Champion
Does all of this sound good to you? Sign up to become a Well-U Champion on the enrollment page, then start making your department a better and healthier place to work!
Upcoming Champion Event:
Champion Breakfast – Attend the Well-U Champion breakfast on January 31st in College Town (44 Celebration Drive, room 2007) for a chance to get to know the Well-U team, eat some breakfast, and win some great raffle prizes! Breakfast will be available from 7:30am – 9am, so stop in whenever you can, for as long as you would like! If you plan to attend and have not yet RSVPed, please email email@example.com to let them know that you will be coming.