Office of Human Resources
Fresh. Local. Healthy. Affordable.
The University of Rochester Farmers Market connects the UR community to sustainable foods from local farmers. Each week, more than 20 vendors offer seasonal produce, baked goods, artisan crafts, spices, meats and more. Market customers can meet the vendors, sample goods, and receive nutrition education and cooking tips.
Vision: By increasing access to fresh, local, and affordable food, the farmers market is in alignment with Well-U's mission to support employee health.
Details: Open from 2:30 - 5:30 p.m. Wednesdays, March 1 - October 18. Cash and credit cards accepted by most vendors.
Location: Flaum Atrium
Farm to Table Recipes
- Beet & Carrot Salad
- Pasta e Piselli
- Roasted Radishes
- Rhubarb and Berry Compote
- Strawberry Salad
- Kale Salad with Apples and Cheddar
- Spring Asparagus
- Arugula Pesto
- Spring Salad with Fennel and Orange
- Black Bean Butternut Squash Salad
- Roasted Carrots with Ginger and Lime
- Sesame Asparagus
- Butternut Squash with Pecans and Onions
- Cabbage and Pear Slaw
- Roasted Potatoes and Baby Carrots
- Baked Parsnip Fries
- Sweet and Sour Sautéed Turnips
- Raspberry Salsa
- Tart Cabbage Salad
- Spinach Basil Pesto
- Sesame Snap Peas
- Zucchini and Potato Bake
- Kale and Farro Soup
- Butternut Squash Soup