Office of Human Resources
Fresh. Local. Healthy. Affordable.
The University of Rochester Farmers Market connects the UR community to sustainable foods from local farmers. Each week, more than 20 vendors offer seasonal produce, baked goods, artisan crafts, spices, meats and more. Market customers can meet the vendors, sample goods, and receive nutrition education and cooking tips.
Details about the 2017 farmers market coming soon!
Vision: By increasing access to fresh, local, and affordable food, the farmers market is in alignment with Well-U's mission to support employee health.
Details: Open from 2:30 - 5:30 p.m. Wednesdays, March - October. Cash and credit cards accepted by most vendors.
Location: Flaum Atrium
Farm to Table Recipes
- Mashed Turnips
- Honey Roasted Carrots
- Creamy Roasted Parsnip Soup
- Tri-color slaw with Lime Dressing
- Beet Greens
- Easy Apple Coleslaw
- Butternut Squash with Onion and Pecans
- Spring Salad with Fennel and Orange
- Sesame Asparagus
- Asparagus with Balsamic Tomatoes
- Pea and Mint Hummus
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble
- Roasted Grapes and Carrots
- Roasted Red Peppers with Parsley
- Raspberry Salsa
- Honey and Rosemary Sweet Potatoes
- Tart Cabbage Salad
- Spinach Basil Pesto
- Sesame Snap Peas
- Zucchini and Potato Bake
- Kale and Farro Soup
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Broccoli Slaw
- Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Raisins
- Herb and Apple Stuffing
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Vegetarian Butternut Squash Chipotle Chili