Making memories after graduation

Making memories after graduation

Meet Nodi Bui ‘21S (MBA), a recent graduate now in the Chicago Network

Chicago Alumni Network member, Nodi Bui ’21S (MBA)

Nodi Bui ’21S (MBA)

What was your time like as a student at Simon?

During my time at the University of Rochester, I made many friends who I am still in touch with today. It was a tough year when in-person events were limited because of COVID. Thus, once it became more open, we went to every event and enjoyed all the talks and drinks. The school is very diverse I got to meet people from different cultures. I had a lot of fun going to potluck nights when each of us would bring our own cultural food.

How did your experience at the University of Rochester influence your life? 

The education and professional network lead to a great job after graduation. Moreover, being surrounded by intelligent and supportive peers at school, I became more confident in networking with people in my desired professional field.

What’s the most rewarding part of staying connected with your alma mater?

Two things: Professional support and friendship. School officials still provide me with job and immigration resources when necessary, and classmates and alumni are always more than willing to help with career advice and opportunities. After graduation, I moved to Chicago by myself and thanks to my two Simon classmates, I didn’t feel lonely in the new city.

What advice do you have for others looking to get involved?

Don’t be afraid of reaching out to people around you with questions. You will learn a lot from those conversations. Participate in clubs, go to social events, and make friends – because those will the best memories on which you can reminisce in the future.