Finding joy through volunteer involvement

Meet Simon EDI Alumni Council member Tayler Torry ’20S (MBA)

Tayler Torry ’20S (MBA) headshotTell us about your time as a student.

I decided to pursue my MBA at the Simon Business School after a career in the non-profit sector. I didn’t know anything about Rochester or the University, but after one visit, I knew I was going to have a great experience at Simon. And I did! I made incredible friends and was highly involved (maybe hyper involved) as a liaison for The Consortium, admissions ambassador, and through SWiB (Simon Women in Business). I also participated in the immersion trips to Israel and South Africa.

After graduation, I completed a three-year MBA rotation program at Medtronic, the world’s largest healthcare technology company. I’m currently a market development program manager for the renal denervation business.

What inspired you to get involved and volunteer?

I started volunteering very soon after graduating and became a member of the Simon EDI Alumni Council. Although, I haven’t been back to campus since graduation, I’ve had the opportunity to volunteer through various virtual admissions programs.

What’s the most rewarding part of staying connected with your alma mater?

The most rewarding part of staying connected has been learning and collaborating with the other alumni volunteers. We only get to connect with so many alumni during the MBA program, but volunteering alongside others who’ve helped me during my time at Simon is a really cool full-circle moment. It helps me keep in mind how much alumni involvement can impact the student experience.

What advice do you have for others looking to get involved?

My advice is to get involved however you can and to give back in a way that makes the most sense for you. There are a variety of ways to be involved and it’s important to find joy in it too. Life gets busy, so seek opportunities that are rewarding and mutually beneficial.