March 17, 2020
During this trying time, many University of Rochester alumni and friends are reaching out and asking, “How can I help?” Most are of you are particularly interested in finding ways to support students who are transitioning from life on campus to learning online, and need immediate financial help. Among the greatest needs of students at this point are emergency aid for housing, travel home, temporary storage, and online learning assistance.
The University has two special emergency funds for students on the River Campus and at the Eastman School of Music. These funds are actively being used today to help students, but they must be replenished in real-time in order to provide ongoing support. By making a gift of any amount to these funds, you are making an immediate difference in our students’ lives.
The health, well-being, and safety of the entire University community is of primary importance to us. To learn more about what the University is doing and for an extensive list of resources, visit www.rochester.edu/coronavirus-update/. This website is updated regularly and is a place to get the latest University updates, ask questions, and find support.
Here are some of the other steps we have taken:
- For the rest of this academic year, instruction for undergraduate and graduate students across the University will take place online.
- Athletic contests for the rest of the spring 2020 season have been canceled.
- With few exceptions, non-essential gatherings and meetings on the River Campus are limited to 25 attendees until the end of the semester.
- If you have questions about the status of a specific University event, please visit https://events.rochester.edu. For Advancement and alumni events, visit this page.
- For specific questions related to the virus, health care, and UR Medicine, visit urmc.rochester.edu/coronavirus.
We are incredibly grateful for your support during this difficult time. Thank you.
Thomas J. Farrell ’88, ’90W, Senior Vice President for University Advancement