2021 VIRTUAL CAREER WEEK, MARCH 5 - 12
Registration is now open for the Spring 2021 Virtual Career Week! During this week students will have the opportunity to save on professional wear, attend virtual workshops, and connect with employers during the Spring 2021 Virtual Career Expo.
To make the most of this virtual experience:
- Meet with employers and sign up for employer sessions during the expo in advance. Remember, you can only attend sessions you register for, and registration closes when a session begins or reaches capacity. Learn how to register and prepare for this year's expo!
- Update your Handshake profile. Some employers set qualifications to define which students can register for their sessions. To ensure you qualify for employer sessions, make sure your school year, major, GPA, and work authorization status are up-to-date on your profile.
- Double check your technology. You’ll need an internet connection, speakers and a microphone, and a supported device. Learn more about technical requirements for virtual fairs here.
If more guidance on a virtual career search would be helpful, the Greene team is here for you! We are available and willing to help you before, during, and after the expo. Don’t hesitate to email us with any questions or schedule an appointment with a career advisor.Career Week Events
GREENE CENTER BLOG
The Greene Center is excited to share the launch of our blog as an additional virtual resource. Written by University of Rochester undergraduate students, the Greene Center's blog covers all sorts of career related topics such as resume tips, helpful virtual resources, ways to explore your interests, and more! Visit or blog and check out our most recent posts by navigating to the resources menu at the top.Start Reading
There are several ways you can connect with our advisors and resources virtually this Spring:
- You can schedule an appointment with one of our advisors by logging into your Handshake account.
- Collaboration Hours are currently offered via Zoom, every Monday - Friday from 1 - 4 p.m.
- We have created a workspace on Slack for questions around advising, jobs, internships, and graduate or professional school.
- Our self-directed resources for help with things like resumes, cover letters and networking are all available in our resources section. We are also working to build our YouTube channel with virtual webinars and other content that you can access from anywhere.
Get Connected. Get Discovered. Get Hired. All in one spot. Handshake is your career connection resource, allowing you to:
- Schedule an advising appointment
- Find internship and employment opportunities based on your interests
- Discover when employers are heading to campus
- Connect with alumni and employers
- Attend events and programs in your field of interest
The Meliora Collective
The Collective is the University's online community for professional growth and exploration.
Students can network with alumni and other members of the University community, identify mentorship opportunities, and gain insights and information related to academic and career interests. Built by students, for students, The Collective allows you to tap into the power of the University of Rochester network and forge your own path!Join The Collective
Want more information about the Greene Center? Contact us.