Spring orientation is designed to help you start the year off with the information you need to be successful on our campus.
This 2021 spring orientation will run from January 10 to January 12, with events for students, from Sunday to Tuesday. Parents and families can participate programs Sunday evening and Monday into early afternoon. A sample program can be found below.
Sample Student Spring Orientation Program
Before arrival on campus
- See the to-do items under the dates and deadlines section below
Sunday before classes
- Student check-in
- Receive/take id photo
- Receive room key/move in (If moving onto campus)
- Welcome celebration
Monday before classes
- Information about academics at Rochester
- Group/individual advisor meetings
- Getting involved/getting to know about ODOS
- Registration/ errands time(if already registered)
- Evening social gathering
Tuesday before classes
- One Community (an introduction to how everyone contributes to create our University of Rochester community)
- How to get started with research at Rochester
- Financial aid/working on campus
- Title IX information on how to keep our community safe
- International orientation (required for all international students)
- First day of classes
Later that week
- Additional programs with University departments
- Spring Activities Fair
Sample Spring Parent Orientation Program
- Student check-in
- Welcome reception
- Programming from offices/personnel such as:
- Dean of the first-year students
- Parent and Family Relations
- Wilson Commons Student Activities
- The campus CARE team
- University Health Services
- Residential Life
- Bursar's Office
- Financial Aid
- Welcome to Campus Tour including:
- Goergen Athletic Center
- Rush Rhees Library
- Greene Center for Career Education and Connections
- Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
For any questions about the above information or in general about orientation, please contact us.
Important Dates and Deadlines
Below is a list of initial deadlines as you join the University of Rochester.
Please make a copy of each completed form or online transaction for your files. If you require additional time, please contact the appropriate office.
*Item has been included in your enrolling student packet.
If you will receive need-based financial aid, monitor your FAOnline account. Any required forms to complete will be listed under the “Your Documents” tab.