During the summer, the University of Rochester continues to offer you the best of a top-tier research institution. But the summer sessions include other benefits too. You can:
- Enroll in a variety of courses and activities, some only available during the summer session
- Take advantage of a small student to faculty ratio, meaning you get the dedicated attention of our faculty
- Get ahead in your coursework, which can give you more time to complete a second major, a study abroad program, or an internship
- Sample new and different courses to enhance your degree or gain additional professional skills
- Enjoy all that beautiful River Campus has to offer, including libraries, study spaces, and research facilities
- Experience Upstate New York at its finest—from downtown Rochester to the Finger Lakes
Rochester Summer Sessions
Enjoy beautiful River Campus and check out all that summer in Rochester has to offer while studying at a top-tier research institution. With four different summer sessions and a wide variety of courses, you can enjoy your summer and fit your classes into a schedule that works for you.
Rochester Summer Abroad
A summer program is a great way to get just a taste of study abroad. Summer programs are also a good option if you are not able to fit semester or academic year study abroad in to your specific program. You may participate in a summer program as early as the summer following your freshman year.
Rochester Pre-College Programs
Who do you want to be? Find out at the University of Rochester’s Pre-College programs. The University of Rochester’s innovative Pre-College programs have been enlightening young minds for over 20 years.
Watch our video to learn more about Rochester.