The Campus Center has a variety of methods for Departments and Student Organizations to market and advertise upcoming Activities.
Student Organizations can request a reservation for Banners, Chalkboard, and Digital Signage through the Activity Registration process.
Departments can request a reservation for Banners or Digital Signage through the WCSA Resource request form located on CCC.
Banner and Chalkboard Reservations are made on a first-come, first-served basis. A confirmation or denial email will be sent to the individual who submitted the initial request. Requests must be submitted at least ten (10) business days prior to the requested start date.
Space specific policies are listed below.
Marketing/Advertising Opportunities Cancellation Policy
Reservations can be canceled by student organizations through Activity Registration and by departments by emailing email@example.com. Cancellation should be submitted by 10:00 A.M., at least 2 business days before the start of the reservation. Reservations that are not canceled will result in loss of future reservation privileges for the resource requested.
Wilson Commons banner space is located on the Havens Lounge bridge.
Reservation Length and Restrictions:
- All banner requests will start on a Sunday and end on the following Saturday.
- Banners will be available for pick-up from Common Connection the day after the reservation has concluded.
- If a banner is not picked up, WCSA will contact the organization/department, and keep the banner for one week.
- After one week, the banner will be disposed.
- Consecutive reservation requests will not be accepted and only one banner reservation will be approved for an organization or Department, at a time.
- Banners must be delivered to Common Connection by 5 p.m. the Saturday before your reservation begins.
- Banners not received by this time will result in the cancellation of your reservation.
- Student Organizations and Departments are not permitted to hang their own banners.
- All banners must state the sponsoring Organization or Department.
Banners are to be no wider than five feet across and no more than eight feet long. Typically, banners are hung by cutting two holes in the top of the banner. Due to the chance of ripping, paper banners are not accepted.
Student Organizations can request banner design and/or printing services through the Graphic Arts Department. Printing costs may apply.
To paint your banner on campus, reservations can be made to utilize designated space in Hirst Lounge after 8 p.m. through Virtual EMS.
Wilson Commons’ third floor lounge chalkboard is available for Student Organization use.
- All chalkboard requests will start on a Sunday and end on the following Saturday.
- If the chalkboard has not utilized by Monday at 5 P.M. and the reservation has not been properly canceled, future reservation privileges may be suspended.
- All displays must clearly state the sponsoring Student Organization.
- Any chalking done without a reservation will be erased.
- Student Organizations must use chalk provided by Wilson Commons Student Activities. Chalk is available for pick up at Common Connection.
- If the chalkboard is not empty at the start of the reservation, please contact the Campus Center Building Manager.
All recognized Student Organizations and University Departments are welcome to submit information related to upcoming events, or deadlines, to be displayed on digital signage in Student Life Spaces. Submissions will appear on screens in Wilson Commons (Starbucks Lounge, Common Connection Entrance, Screens outside Wilson Commons Room 121 and 122), Douglass Commons (Behind the Building Manager desk, near the Feldman Ballroom), and Genesee Hall (third floor lounge).
Content displayed on digital signage does not reflect the views of, or equate to, an endorsement from Wilson Commons Student Activities or the University of Rochester.
- Images will remain on the screens until the event is over, or until the end of the semester – whichever occurs first.
- Multiple images may be submitted for the same event, but they must be different designs. If the event is ongoing throughout the semester, after one month of posting, only one slide may remain on the screen.
- During special events, content may be temporarily removed.
- Orientation layout should be in landscape format.
- Images must be submitted in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, or .png format.
- Images with offensive verbal or graphic content will not be posted.
- For best resolution on screens, we ask the image be at least 17 in. x 11 in., and at most 32 in. x 16 in.