Common Connection

Located in 201 Wilson Commons, Common Connection offers a multitude of services to meet the needs of the University of Rochester campus and community. Our Office Assistants are available by phone, email, and in-person during operation hours.

Phone: (585) 275-5911


Besides being available to answer questions and provide general information, Common Connection can specifically help you with:

  • Campus maps and shuttle
  • Signing out keys for reserved conference rooms and passenger vans.
  • Recycling collection for batteries, cell phones, and printer cartridges.
  • Miscellaneous equipment sign-out (i.e. power bank, Mac adapter, dry erase markers, chalk, etc.).
  • Flyer Approval – Is your Student Organization or Department looking to hang flyers on the Wilson Commons, Douglass Commons, or Genesee Hall bulletin boards? We will accept up to eight (8) letter size (8.5” x 11”) and up to four (4) legal size (8.5” x 14”) or larger flyers. Flyers can be dropped off at Common Connection during operation hours, or interoffice mailed to Box 270281. Refer to the Posting Policy for more information.
  • Lost and Found – Lost an item on campus? Stop by Common Connection, or submit a Lost and Found Report, to see if your missing item has been turned in. We will email all individuals that we find IDs or other identifiable objects for. It is also recommended to contact Public Safety. Found items stored at Common Connection are purged 30-days after the intake date.
  • Same-Day Room Reservations – Need a last minute room reservation for your Student Organization or Department? Common Connection is here to help! Please stop by our office to reserve space in Wilson Commons, Douglass Commons, Genesee Hall, or Spurrier. All other room reservation requests should be requested through the Advanced Reservation Request form.
  • Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) Lamps – Use of a light therapy box may offer relief to students who suffer from a type of depression that typically occurs each year during fall and winter. SAD lamps can be requested by submitting a SAD Lamp Interest form during any season.
  • Student Organization Event Equipment Support – Is your Student Organization hosting an approved event? Do you have questions related to equipment you can rent from Common Connection? Items, such as: arrow signs, battery operated candles, lawn games, portable sound system, prize wheel, and yoga mats are available by request through the Equipment Rental form.