Skip to main content


Registering for Study Abroad Status

In order to ensure correct billing, you must register for study abroad by the end of the online registration period before your term abroad. It is essential that you check your registration carefully. Specific study abroad course titles, numbers, and CRNs are listed below:

  • UR-sponsored program (except Internships in Europe or Cologne Exchange) register for SAB 301: Study Abroad UR Program
  • Non-UR sponsored program register for SAB 302: Study Abroad Non-UR Program
  • Cologne Exchange Program register for SAB 328: Cologne Exchange Year
  • Internships in Europe (EPA) program, register for site and internship type:
    • Program sites:
      • SAB 334: London Internship (EPA) semester
      • SAB 332: Brussels Internship (EPA) semester
      • SAB 330: Germany Internship (EPA) semester
      • SAB 336: Madrid Internship (EPA) semester
      • SAB 338: Edinburgh Internship (EPA) semester
  • Internship types (examples):
    • PSC 397: European Politics Internship
    • CAS 397A: European Health Science Internship
    • CAS 397B: European Business Internship
    • AH 397: European Arts Internship

Important notes:

  • If you are going on a non-UR sponsored program, you will be charged by Rochester only for the study abroad administrative Fee ($1,538) for your semester away.
  • Credits associated with Rochester programs are anticipated, not actual, credits.
  • Your study abroad status/registration may be rescinded for the following reasons:
    • You do not successfully complete pre-departure orientation
    • Your major is not officially declared
    • You are placed on academic or disciplinary probation
    • If you have grades of I or N