If someone is in need of medical attention:
- Remain calm.
- Call Security Services at x13 from any University phone or pick up any Blue Light Emergency Phone. For off-campus medical emergencies, call 911.
- Medical Emergency Response Team (MERT) members will respond to a situation in which any staff member, student, or visitor in any are of the University requires emergency medical assistance.
- Unless it is unsafe to do so, remain on the scene until Security arrives.
- Do not move the injured person unless there is danger of further harm.
- Keep the injured person warm.
- Do not exceed your training or knowledge when attempting to render first aid.
Last modified: Wednesday, 05-Oct-2011 12:55:42 EDT