Non-matriculated Students

Students interested in taking courses as non-degree candidates can register as non-matriculated students. (This includes visiting and exchange students.) Information is available through the Office of Summer and Part-Time Studies.

If the student decides to become matriculated as a regular student, they will need to apply for transfer admission through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Applicants should know that no more than six courses (24 credits) taken when non-matriculated may be transferred to a degree program without additional tuition costs.

Students who were previously matriculated and then register for University of Rochester coursework as a non-matriculated student are ineligible to use these courses toward a degree without paying the difference in tuition.

Advisors in the College Center for Advising Services (Lattimore 312) are available to assist students with academic planning.