The Office of the University Registrar maintains academic information on undergraduate students and recent graduates of the College. The official files are maintained electronically for all currently matriculated students and recent graduates. Files for students who leave without earning a degree are kept for ten years and then destroyed.

Student Files

All files include the student’s:

  • Name
  • Classification
  • ID number
  • Advisors
  • Majors
  • Minors
  • Drop/Add Forms
  • Application to the University of Rochester, including high school record and College Board scores when available
  • Rochester Curriculum/major/minor forms

Information found in some of the files when appropriate include:

  • Change of Status Form
  • Advanced Placement evaluation
  • Communications in regard to academic action (i.e., probation, separation)
  • Communications in regard to mid-term (interim) warnings and the continuation of courses that are part of the basic science sequence
  • Incomplete grades reported
  • Approvals for courses taken outside the University
  • Incomplete contracts
  • Take Five or e5 materials
  • Petitions to the Administrative Committee or dean
  • Transfer and readmit evaluations of credit, and related information
  • Advising memos and email communications to the student
  • Descriptions of independent study courses
  • Cluster Exception Forms
  • Certificate Program Approval Forms
  • Copy of S/F Selection Form
  • Copy of Repeat Course Form (if applicable)

Requests for Access to Students’ Academic File

Requests for students’ academic files and documents are made directly to the Office of the University Registrar by authorized persons. Students who wish to examine their files should make an appointment to see the director of the College Center for Advising Services.

See the confidentiality of files page for more information about accessing student files.

Effective July 1, 2022, the College’s Office of Academic Records became part of the Office of the University Registrar.