Grade Appeal Procedure

If a student believes that an error in grading has been made, they should follow the guidelines provided in the syllabus or by the instructor for a grade appeal. If specific guidelines are not provided, students are encouraged to approach the faculty member as soon as possible after the grade is received to discuss the matter.

If the professor determines that a grading error was made, the professor will be responsible for correcting the error. If a grade change is not applicable, the professor is encouraged to provide sufficient information to help the student understand the decision. Most concerns about grading are resolved in this way.

In the event that a satisfactory resolution cannot be reached, a student has the option to request a formal review of the matter by submitting a complaint form.

If the student submitting the complaint or comment form is not satisfied with the outcome of the review, the student may appeal the decision to the dean of the College.