Grading is an important part of faculty responsibilities. Below is information about:
See the policy page for a list of grading policies. All grades should follow the Arts, Sciences, and Engineering (AS&E) Grading Scheme or School of Nursing (SON) Grading Scheme.
Grading for Fall 2020 begins on December 16th,2020 and is due no later than 11:59P.M. on Monday, January4th,2021.
Final grades for all registered coursework must be entered by the published grading deadline in UR Student.
Step by step instructions for entering grades can be found here.
If you have any questions about grading, email email@example.com.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) gives students a right of privacy regarding grades in courses and on individual assignments. It has been determined with the University's counsel that privacy issues arise when tests or papers are returned in class or put in boxes outside office doors.
Below are permissible ways to return graded material:
- Return the graded material in envelopes, with only the student's name visible. (Note: You are not allowed to have students look through a pile of exams or papers, even if the grades are not on the cover page.)
- Return the graded material in discussion sections or labs, where instructors can hand it directly to students.
- Have TAs return graded material directly to smaller groups of students during or after lecture.
- Have students pick up graded material at a departmental office.
- Seal the blue book or paper with envelope seals. No grades or comments should be visible until the seal is broken.