Visiting Student & RAC Registration
Registration for Non-Matriculated Students
For Arts, Sciences & Engineering
All non-matriculated (visiting/non-degree seeking) students (first time and returning) must fill out an online application for non-matriculated students. This application allows you to submit personal information to the University and is necessary in order to set up your student online accounts and/or verify that your student online accounts are still active.
Once the online application is completed, you will receive an email within three to five business days with your registration confirmation and instructions on how to set up your relevant student online accounts or on how to access these accounts.
See the registration schedule for current registration dates. You will not be able to register for courses until the listed date. Please note that this registration process can take three to five business days and should be taken into account when submitting your non-matriculated application.
Rochester Area Colleges (RAC)
Inter-Institutional Registration Procedures
The Inter-Institutional Undergraduate Student Enrollment Form can be used only when the following circumstances occur:
- The requested course is NOT available at the home school.
- The student is a full-time undergraduate student at his or her home school throughout the duration of the requested course. A full-time student is defined as a matriculated student carrying no less than 12 credit hours.
- The course is applicable toward the student’s undergraduate degree program.
- The course is not a summer course.
- The student is an undergraduate.
- The course is not graduate-level or at the School of Nursing.
Registration for inter-institutional courses is on a space-available basis. Students are governed by the academic policies of the institution visited with regard to course requirements, withdrawal policies, etc.
Consult with your dean or registrar regarding the policies of transfer credit and inclusion of quality points. The fees associated with the course(s) may be charged. Please be prepared to pay these fees at the time of registration.
- Download the Inter-Institutional Registration Form. This form is an interactive PDF allowing you to fill in the various fields online.
- Obtain approval signatures in the order indicated. All signatures are required for each course selected.
- Proceed to the visiting school’s website and follow the registration procedures of that institution.
- Submit the completed form (original) to the Registrar's Office of the visiting school by the end of the drop/add period.
- A copy will be forwarded to the home school to complete the registration.
- Students must sign this form in order to have an official transcript forwarded to the home school.
To drop an intercollegiate course that you are registered for, you must notify the registrar of your home and visiting school and follow the procedures outlined by the visiting school for dropping or withdrawing from a course.
Please note that participating colleges have different ending dates for their semester or quarter. Grades, therefore, may not be available prior to a student’s commencement date and may delay graduation. Prior to enrolling, graduating students are advised to review this issue with appropriate officials at their home institution.