Award Management - Reporting, Closeout, and Transfers
Both during and upon completion of a sponsored award, the University must fulfill the closeout and reporting requirements outlined in the award terms and conditions.
- All reports must be submitted to the sponsor in a timely manner. Report types may include technical, financial, intellectual property, and property management.
- Closeout processes are the responsibility of multiple individuals and departments at the University.
- Award transfers for a PI's new institution or early termination requests require close coordination with ORPA as transfer or termination facts are known.
- Sponsored award documentation must be retained in accordance with the University's record retention policy.
- Principal Investigators must understand that late reporting may jeopardize future funding to the entire University.