Every year, Arts, Sciences and Engineering holds numerous on-campus events, including conferences, meetings, and lectures. In fall 2014, event-related services for AS&E were consolidated into one department: Event and Classroom Management (ECM).
The goal? To improve and streamline the support services for our faculty, staff, and students.
ECM offers AS&E faculty, staff, and students a single point of access to a broad array of services, including:
- General event planning and guidance
- Event logistics (room reservations/diagrams, catering, parking, security, etc.)
- Event fliers, promotional materials, and marketing support
- On-site event support—both technical and administrative
- Support for commencement and other high-visibility events on campus
- Classroom technology support
- Equipment delivery and purchases (e.g., microphones, podiums, etc.)
- Live audio and projection services for meetings, presentations, guest speakers, panel discussion, press conferences, and more
- Audio and theatrical lighting for performances in Strong Auditorium, Wilson Commons May Room, and Feldman Ballroom
- Sound, stage, and lighting support for indoor and outdoor special events
- Audio and lighting for live bands
- Furniture services in Wilson Commons and Strong Auditorium
- Help with computing and printing in labs and classrooms
- Lecture Capture
- Audio and video conferencing
- Installation of LCDs, projectors, and AV control systems
- Digital signage installation and management
Standard working hours for ECM staff
During Fall and Spring semesters, the ECM office is staffed by a combination of full-time and student staff from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily. Student staff are our primary means of support from 5pm-11pm on weekdays and from 7 a.m.-11 p.m. on weekends during the academic year. Special hours over College undergraduate breaks are arranged as necessary with a minimum advance notice of eight (8) days. ECM is closed for all University holidays.