Wilson Commons Student Activities (WCSA) provides employment opportunities for undergraduate students looking to gain work experience while remaining on campus. We offer flexible work schedules, professional development, and opportunities to build skills necessary for their future careers. Positions vary from customer service, to technical skills, to management:
- Campus Center Building Managers
- Campus Information Center Attendants
- Communications & Graphics Assistants
- Leadership Office Assistant
- Mascot & Spirit Assistants
- Photography Assistants
- Rocky's Sub Shop and & Lounge Attendants
- Spurrier/Genesee Building Managers
- Student Life Assistants
- Student Organization Finance Office Accountants
- Systems Analyst
- The Common Market Attendants
- Ticket Assistant
How to Apply
Students interested in working with our office should apply for open positions on JobLink. Positions become available throughout the year.
Why Work with WCSA
Our student employment program is designed to serve as a high impact practice that allows students to develop skills for their future careers. We use the College Competencies as our outline for skills our student employees should be developing. On campus employment is known to increase a student’s sense of belonging, help with a student’s identity development, and expand a student’s support network.
Our student employees have shared the following:
- 100% said their employment experience with WCSA has provided learning opportunities.
- 96% said they feel they are part of a community due to their employment with us.
- 96% said they employment with us has provided them with skills for their future career.
- 96% said their employment with us has increased their ability to work with diverse populations.
The top 3 skills they developed from their employment experience with us are:
- Customer Service
- Collaboration / Interpersonal Communication (tied)
- Problem Solving / Teamwork (tied)
Current Employee Resources