UR Late Night
UR Late Night provides funding for organizations and hosts events from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. on weekends.
To apply for the UR Late Night Fund, follow the information below. Be sure to review the Late Night Funding Policies before submitting a request for the UR Late Night Fund.
Student organizations: reach out to your advisor if you have ideas or want to co-host a UR Late Night program. For general suggestions and ideas, email email@example.com.
UR Late Night Event Fund
Student organizations are welcome to submit requests for supplemental funding to plan and implement late night programming for University of Rochester students. Awards of up to $500 will be given to programs that meet the following criteria:
- The event must occur primarily between 9 p.m. and 1 a.m. on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday nights (with a preference for Friday or Saturday).
- The event must be inclusive of all students and appeal to a broad audience.
- The event must be creative and unique, providing a programming option that does not typically exist for most students.
Past UR Late Night Programs
Examples of past events include trivia night, mug decorating, paint night, FIFA tournament, glow yoga, and stand-up comedy.
- Authorized uses of UR Late Night Funding
- Decorations – be sure they are allowed in the space you have reserved (see the balloons, decorations, and student life spaces policies)
- Purchasing supplies needed to run your event
- Purchasing prizes – maximum $10 per person, $50 in total
- ECM, Facilities, or catering costs
- Bills for vendors such as a DJ or rental company (give us the contract directly to pay)
- Have contract filled out and turned in at least five business days in advance of your event to have a check ready the night of your event to pay the vendor
- Prohibited uses of UR Late Night Funding
- Purchase gift cards, equipment for your organization, or prizes over $50
- Make reimbursements (we cannot and will not reimburse any costs your organization pays up front)
Any leftover funds need to be returned to WCSA. See the policy page for more information about planning events.
To apply for this fund, complete a supplemental funding request and indicate you are requesting funding from the UR Late Night Programming Fund.