Student Organization Annual Review
Each year, the Students’ Association (SA) Government and Wilson Commons Student Activities (WCSA) jointly administer the Student Organization Annual Review, or SOAR. The goal of the annual review is to ensure that student organizations are meeting expectations, assessing the activities they offer the campus, and getting feedback on resources needed to be successful. The SOAR evaluation is also used in the budgeting process.
SOAR is conducted January through December.
SOAR is a comprehensive review comprising:
- Self-report submitted by student organization
- Activity Reflections
- Advisor feedback
- CCC site review (including but not limited to roster, documents, constitution, events, and community service hours)
- Fall leadership training attendance
- Activities Fair attendance
- Storage reviews
- Students' Association Appropriations Committee (SAAC) violations
- Administration and Review Committee (ARC) violations including re-registration
Resources are available to assist student organization leaders in completing their self-report and assessment forms. These include:
- Primary advisor
- Students’ Association Administration and Review Committee (ARC) who can be contacted at email@example.com
- Two training sessions will be held in November
- General questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Self-reports for student organizations are due in early December. All activity reflections for the review period must be submitted by the last day of classes for the fall semester. If organizations have a planned study break after the last day of classes, activity reflections for these study breaks are due by the last day of exams.
The self-report questions will be available to preview online in early November 2, 2018 with submissions open mid-November.
The self-report and other items will be evaluated during the spring semester and all student organizations will receive written feedback regarding their review.
- Involve your whole executive board in completing the self-report; this is not something that should be completed by one officer.
- Review your self-report with your primary advisor before submitting.