Student Organization Annual Review
Each year, the Students’ Association (SA) Government and Wilson Commons Student Activities (WCSA) jointly administer the Student Organization Annual Review, or SOAR. The goal of the annual review is to ensure that student organizations are meeting expectations, assessing the activities they offer the campus, and getting feedback on resources needed to be successful. The SOAR evaluation is also used in the budgeting process. Student organizations recognized during the Fall semester do not need to complete the annual review.
SOAR is conducted January through December.
SOAR is a comprehensive review comprising:
- Self-report submitted by student organization
- Activity Reflections
- Advisor feedback
- CCC site review (including but not limited to: roster, documents, constitution, and events)
- Fall Leadership Training attendance
- Activities Fair attendance
- Storage reviews
- Students' Association Appropriations Committee (SAAC) violations
- Administration and Review Committee (ARC) violations including re-registration
Self-reports for student organizations are due on January 24, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EST. All activity reflections for the review period must be submitted for the fall semester by January 4, 2021. CCC site review will begin on January 4, 2021.
The self-report questions are available to preview online now.
The self-report and other items will be evaluated using the SOAR evaluation rubric. All student organizations will receive written feedback regarding their review during the Spring semester.
- Involve your whole executive board in completing the self-report; this is not something that should be completed by one officer.
- Review your self-report with your primary advisor before submitting.