For students, living on campus is one of the most exciting aspects of college providing a sense of belonging and the opportunity to build relationships with each other and the university. Our goal is to provide facilities and services that promote a positive atmosphere and extend the college experience beyond the classroom.
Winter Break Info – Residence Halls Close @ 9am on Monday, December 23, 2013
- Final Exams are between December 17th and December 22nd. Study hard and good luck!
- Many students choose to go home over Winter Break. Students returning in the Spring semester may leave their belongings in their rooms over the break.
- We ask that all students who are not returning in the Spring Semester, complete the check-out process with their area office during business hours before they finish finals.
- Riverview, SBA, and Southside residence halls remain open over Winter Break each year to accommodate students who are unable to travel.
- In order to provide an adequate Public Safety (Security) presence and also address the travel plans of residents, students who wish to stay must register by 5pm on December 18th (See below)
- Students may broker their own Winter Break Stay as a guest in Riverview, SBA, and Southside (As a reminder, students can't stay in a room without permission and guests have to be a current UR student).
- All information provided by students staying over Winter Break must be accurate.
- All Policies and Standards of Conduct remain in effect over breaks. If a student breaks a policy during Winter Break, he or she may lose the privilege to stay on campus and be asked to leave.
- Meal-plans are not active during Winter Break. Very few dining facilities are available. Please check the Dining Facilities website for more information: www.rochester.edu/studentlife/dining.
- Many offices and services are closed or limited over the Winter Break. This includes, but is not limited to support services: Facilities, Academic Support, Libraries, the Fitness Center, and Student Activities.
- Res Life will not broker these plans for students.
- Res Life will not be providing keys for break stay guests, it is up to the each student to coordinate keys.
- Res Life reserves the right to deny students winter break stay.
Winter Break Stay Registration
Click here to stay over Winter break or to register a friend over break. Please have the following information ready for the registration.
- Student Names (Guest or Occupant)
- Student ID numbers (Guest or Occupant)
- Current Room
- Break Stay Room
- Cell Phone Number (Guest and Occupant)
- E-mail Address (Guest and Occupant)
Spring Semester Info – Residence Halls Re-Open @ 9am on Saturday, January 11, 2014
- Students completing Room Changes will receive directions to complete their paperwork.
- New Students will receive instructions on where and when to check in upon their arrival.